SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#274321 - 10/23/09 03:11 AM Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Everybody!

I think is a general consensus that Audya Styles are very good in many areas, but, no so much talking about the internal (solo, or right hand) voices: Which one`s you prefer, which one`s are weak, how do you compare to your previus keyboard?
Please, share some thoughts!
and Thanks in Advance
Jose Pereira

#274322 - 10/23/09 06:50 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
Jose Pereira Offline

No body??

#274323 - 10/23/09 07:42 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
leezone Offline

to me, and just from i've heard as i'm not an owner,
the AUDYA RH sounds are pretty much like all Ketron stuff, with slight improvements,
and a few Super Voices which 2 or 3 take up all memory of Keyboard

we need to keep these sounds, but introduce some fresh stuff, modern sounds, etc

#274324 - 10/23/09 07:42 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Well, first we need to get hands on the Audya to find out, still very few
who bought any yet if we look to the SZ posts.
Myself I'm not sure if I really want to get tempted to buy one yet, simply
because the high level prices in this country make me feel it's not worth
it as long as I can buy both Tyros3 and PA2X Pro and have two items to
explore instead of one within almost the same budget.... and not still in
Beta versions as it seems like Audya still are.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#274325 - 10/23/09 08:10 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Sounds are all subjectable, but I find for me that Ketron has great musettes / accordions, saxes, brass family (trumpets, horns, etc) vibes, strings. Their guitars have improved greatly but not at the Yamaha level and their organs are very good, I personally prefer Yamaha's organs. Ketron always had great bread and butter sounds. I for one would take the saxes on Ketron over the Yamaha any day. But If you've owned Ketron before there is a improvement on the Audya, especially on the guitars.I think Ketron had so-so guitars in the past (x1,SD1,XD9) with the exception of the SD5, (it improved). Overall Ketron solo sounds were always good quality, (right down to the Ms Series) I find that other manufactures have stepped-up there quality in recent years.

#274326 - 10/23/09 08:52 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I pretty much agree with MC, but I love the organs on the Audya also. My main gripe is that Ketron does not include innovative OTS settings as the others do.
Bread and butter sounds are great, but there is a lack of guitar sounds like the Warm Drive on Roland. Of course you can edit the sounds and get there, but I would rather just push a button and have it there.
I feel the piano sounds are the best I've ever heard on an arranger, but that's pretty subjective.
I could be pretty happy with just the piano, Tele, Strat, a couple of saxes, some of the organ presets, Fiddle, Pedal Steel and acoustic guitars. But of course we always want MORE!
DonM

#274327 - 10/23/09 09:13 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
Jose Pereira Offline

People, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I`m a desperate Tyros2 owner looking for improvement in the arrangers area. I tried Tyros3, PA2X and G70 and E80 but never an Audya. I listened any video or MP3 of the Audya and my ears says that its styles fits my needs the best (Jazz funk and latin), but my main instrument is Piano. All the Audya demo`s tha uses pianos sound terrible (video distortion or compression mostly). There`s a solo piano playing MP3 at the Ketron.it site but is in the very soft side, not bad, but don`t tell the hole history
So DonM, you said you like the piano, compared to what keyboard for example?
I heard also sax solos at ketron.it and to me, it sounds as good as my Tyros2 saxes which I like. I don`t care for legato sounds, clacks, breaths, because in a live situation, you simple can`t mimick a sax player, and nobody cares!! I only think of a sound that pleases soloing and perhaps some listener, not trying to "emulate" a sax player for a "I`m the fakest player in the world people" if you know what I mean.
So in this regard, can I expect decent solo sounds from Audya? Which one`s do you think Ketron acomplished better?
Thank`s again and keep posting!
Regards
Jose Pereira

#274328 - 10/23/09 10:29 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Jose, What type of music do you play? any portuguese music also?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-23-2009).]

#274329 - 10/23/09 10:40 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
leezone Offline

what i have to say is:

we can't live on bread and butter alone !!! :-)

#274330 - 10/23/09 11:03 AM Re: Audya Owners: let`s talk about internal sounds
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi MC
Yes, I`m from Venezuela, living in Portugal (from portuguese parents) but I mostly play Jazz, Funk, Standards, Ballads, Some Rock, Pop and lots of latin: Salsa, Merengue, cumbias, cuban music, high energy latin music which is my specialty. Audya styles cover them very well (as far as I heard)
I play 99% of the time in 5 stars hotels as solo piano act, but I do also duos, trios in all those styles. For that I use the Tyros2 that work ok. I programed only latin styles because Tyros2 latin styles are a joke. The piano sound is very poor. And the keybord size doesn`t help either...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online